Friday, April 11, 2008

Parker is 9 months old April 9, 2008






It is so hard to believe Parker Thomas is already nine months old. He is growing up way too fast! He changes so much every day. He does things I NEVER saw Emily Caroline do, but hey, that's the "second child and boy" for you. I don't have his stats yet because we go to the dr. next week, but I can tell you a bit about what he can do. He crawls all over the house and pulls up on anything he can reach including Emily Caroline. He loves to stand in front of any window and look out. The ones in the dining room are perfect for "people and animal watching". His new thing is to climb under the sofa table as you will see in the pictures. He has eaten carrots, peas, green beans, winter squash, sweet potatoes, apples, pears, bananas, prunes, peaches, puffs, and cheerios. The winter squash and apples gave him diaper rash so we stay clear of those for now. He likes bananas, but we had to follow with peaches and prunes so we'll wait on those as well. Oh and, he LOVES, ...ICE! Imagine that! A child of mine, loves ice. He gets so excited about. Get ready, Dad, a barrel of ice is the next step!
He is such a joy to be around. He smiles all of the time and just has the cutest face you have ever seen! He claps and likes to play He loves Emily Caroline. She gets annoyed at times because he "messes up her stuff" or "he's looking at her" and "following her"...typical big sister/little brother issues. She is the first to greet him in the morning with a big hug and kiss. She is so sweet to him and gets so excited when he does things. He can say "da-da" and "dog". Well, he doesn't say the "g" in dog, but it's close enough. "Ma-ma" is very rarely heard and only when he's crying. We're working on bye-bye, but nothing yet. He's often found pulling up on something and letting go. I counted to 15 a few times while he was STANDING!!!! He can actually go from a sitting position to standing and stay for a few seconds. Sometimes he doesn't want to sit down once he's up and you're holding onto his hands and he often crawls up on his feet. Like I said, he's growing up too fast! I want my little baby back,... what am I saying, he was never really a "little" baby.
He just adorable, and I can't get enough time with him. He of course, looks like David, but we don't hold it against him. hehehe!
Having a boy and a girl is just amazing! I love them each so much and truly enjoy watching them change and grow each day!
Oh and yes, against my better judgement let Parker have his first popsicle. Emily Caroline loves eating popsicles in the tub and now that they take a bath together he can't stand it if she has one and he doesn't. So, I gave in and let him have it. He would have litterally tackled her to get hers. He was having a fit over it so I got him one. I think he wanted the stick more than the popsicle but he did a super job getting it everywhere. Most of it just helped to turn the water blue. My little man, he's something else!

0 comments: