Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My two babies August 18, 2008


So much lately I am reminded how blessed our family is. Not only my immediate family including our parents and siblings, but just David, myself, and our children. They are a constant reminder of how precious life is and how special it is that I get to be at home with them each day. My mother-in-law always says, "a clean house doesn't make memories." Thank you for telling me that so often because I need to hear it. I love a clean house more than most, but spending quality time with my children is such a special part of each day. I know how much I adore my baby brother, and I only hope Emily Caroline will feel the same. They are quite jealous of my attention. When one is in my lap or getting hugged, the other is right there to get the same. I can't complain much because that just means their attention is on me, and I love that! Parker is such a little boy. He is always trying to figure things out. He LOVES to be outside. If you ask him, "Parker, do you want to go outside?" He runs to the door. If he hears the door open he runs to get there so you don't leave him inside. Emily Caroline has put on several tap performances lately. She comes in the living room where David and I are usually sitting and jumps around in her tap shoes asking us to clap for her. She is just amazing! I love her personality and big smile. Parker watches with enthusiasm and sometimes tries to mimick her arms waving around in the air. I love to see them smile. It makes me feel that they are happy, and that is what I truly want for them. The Lord has been so good to us. Thank you father for protecting our children from our mistakes. Thank you for blessing us with such a life as this.

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Precious picture...Isn't motherhood grand!