Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Paci Fairy" and Baking Cookies











It is that time for our family to get rid of the pacifier. We have been talking about it and using it less and less until now it's time for Pacey the Paci Fairy to come to our home. Emily Caroline is really into Tinkerbell and after watching the movie it gave me an idea. Each fairy is responsible for different things. The Paci Fairy's "job" is to come to your home when you are asleep and collect pacifiers. She comes quietly and quickly while you are sleeping and leaves gifts for each pacifier she finds.

I wasn't really sure how this would go over, but after prayer and much thought I knew it was time. You might be thinking, Sarah, she is 3 years old. Get over it! Well, if you knew that I had one at bedtime until I was 7 (YES SEVEN!) you can better understand! Ridiculous I know and agree! But anyway, it was time. That night I asked her what she thought the fairy would bring her if she were to come soon. She told me a baby and a few others things. I put her to bed and called my mother immediately! "Mom, I don't have a baby for EC from the Paci Fairy." She said, no worries. I'll be out tomorrow and I'll get it. The paci fairy must be put off one more day. To make a long story short. The fairy came the following day leaving a new baby, a Princess game, and a Strawberry Shortcake scotter. She was ver nervous when she saw the baby and the note from Pacey. I read it to her and she started to get excited about finding her new gifts. The Princess game was in her baby crib, the baby in her chair, and the scotter in her closet. She seemed a little happy, but then realized what it mean't and thought she didn't want the gifts. It didn't take too long to distract her with the gifts and she was fine. She did mention later that "she didn't need anything". She just wanted the pacifiers back. I was dreading the first night, but it went off without a hitch. I was amazed and ever so grateful to the Lord for hearing my many prayers of an easy transition. What a relief!

We baked Turkey cookies for Thanksgiving and they were quite tasty!

There is a pic of her in the bed with her new baby boy. She loves him so much!

0 comments: