Emily Caroline has not really seen most of the Disney "princess" movies. She would only watch Cinderella and The Little Mermaid for a few minutes. She loves Tinkerbell! Somehow we have The Little Mermaid II at our house. Not really sure where it came from, probably her cousin Catie. Anyway, she has been really into watching it lately. Now she knows the names of the Disney Princesses, but not really their stories. She loves to play dress up and says she wants a Cinderella dress so she can look beautiful.
Well, last night she was very sure about me watching The Little Mermaid II with her on my bed. We went to bed soon after. We did our normal routine...read a few books, read her Preschool devotional, and then prayers. After all of that she snuggles up to me in the dark. After a few minutes she says, "Mommy, will you save me when the witch comes to get me?" I immediately said, "I won't let the witch get you, Emily Caroline." She was happy to hear that. "I love you, Mommy. You are the best,." She says. I wanted to say, "Emily Caroline there are a lot of witches out there. God will protect you from all of them, but you have to love Him more than anything else so you can see those witches." Of course, I did not say this, but thought about it while I snuggled her. Thank you Lord for your protection over our children. I pray that no harm come near us in the name of Jesus.






1 comments:
EC is gonna love that Brooke is having a Little mermaid party!
Post a Comment