Thursday, October 30, 2008

NKOTB Concert














Several months ago the "behind the red curtain band" on the Today's show was New Kids on the Block. They announced they were going back on tour after 15 years. Of course, my girlies from "back in the day" wanted to get tickets. I ended up getting 8 tickets at $90 each. We were all excited about going. I truly thought there couldn't be that many people that still liked them. What am I saying, I didn't "still like" them either. I thought the road trip would be fun and it would be a great time to spend time with just girls. We met around 11am on Wednesday...all loaded up in a minvan headed to Atlanta. We stopped in Anniston to eat and decided to go to Walmart to decorate our ride. We got there many songs later and decided to stop by the mall for an hour or so to "kill time" before eating dinner. I had this great idea to eat right across the street from the arena at Frontera, my favorite mexican place. Well, apparently the rest of the NKOTB fan club had the same "great idea". There were at least 200 people in the resturant when we got there all sporting their "love" for "THE BLOCK" they are now called. I was shocked at the women that were packed into this one place. We saw every outfit one could imagine. My favorite was the side ponytail, sweatband around her forehead, and a Units outfit to complete the look. There were buttons of every size and t-shirts from the 80s tour. It was hilarious and SO MUCH FUN! We had a yummy meal and apparently it was too yummy to me. I got to feeling so sick that on the way "across the street" I just about lost my dinner. We pulled over and found a parking spot. I walked around in the VERY cool air, spent some time in the bathroom, and finally was able to vomit the rest of my dinner after many attempts. I felt much better and it was just in time for the concert.
15 YEARS AGO.......THEY WALKED AWAY.....AND NOW THEY ARE BACK!!!!!!
It was such a fun time! We laughed and screamed and waved our arms until after 11pm. I haven't had such fun in such a long time. I got to see a great friend of mine, Aimee Stover,, and sang the night away! It was a great concert. They sang 5 new songs which not many people knew, but the oldies made it worth every penny! We came out with huge smiles. Michelle even cried!!!!!! What a night!

1 comments:

Ashlee said...

I am so sad I didn't get to go with you. I thought you were selling your ticket, If I would have known you were still going I would have bought one and gone with yall, I love NKOTB. Maybe if there is a next time.